Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Wood is currently recruiting for an Automation Technical Professional (SIS/FGS) in our Mexico City, Mexico office.
Wood Applied Intelligence, the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years is looking for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a strong problem solver; an individual capable of thinking outside the box and taking initiative to address technical challenges.
The Automation Technical Professional will have a strong background in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Fire and Gas Systems (FGS). This role will work in the office and progress to include working on site at client facilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual engineer and team member in front of both internal and external customers.
Join us and be part of an agile working team that can support office and homed based assignments. In return Wood offers a competitive salary, overtime pay, travel bonus, benefits surpassing legal requirements, opportunities to strengthen existing skills and to develop new skills.
We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement, and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation team work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering projects in the oil and gas and process industry by supporting configuration, implementation, startup, and commissioning of the SIS and FGS.
- Provide technical guidance to the engineering design teams for equipment, instrumentation and SIS/FGS configuration modifications based on the outcome of Functional Safety analysis.
- Direct involvement in design, development, configuration and/or modification of SIS and FGS applications, and setup and configure SIS and/or FGS software and hardware.
- Support Site Acceptance Test (SAT's), Loop Checks and commissioning activities for delivered systems. Coordinate and work with the Wood and client team to troubleshoot and resolves issues around delivered systems as they relate to the SIS and including HMI, SCADA, and/or DCS PLC interfacing.
- Support test procedures, updates of configuration, and redlining of documents as required in accordance with management of change process.
- Provide input on the project status and schedule.
- Interface with coworkers, PM, client, and vendors as required.
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (50%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Automation & Control, Electronic, Computer/Systems, Mechatronic, or related area.
- Must have minimum of 10 years Automation experience.
- Functional Safety Certification preferred (CFSP/CFSE, ISA84 SIS Expert or TUV).
- Experience with an operating company, systems vendor, or engineering services provider for the onshore or offshore oil & gas and/or energy industry, is preferred.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in SIS and FGS applications including logic development, configuration, industrial protocol communications, and software applications installations.
- High level of hands-on experience with installation, development, configuration, and programming of SIS and FGS applications using Aadvance, Triconex, Siemens SIMATIC, Yokogawa ProSafe or other SIS/FGS platforms. Certification and completed course work in the above are preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs, Cause and Effect Matrices, and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Preparation of SIS/FGS specifications, test document and procedures, and related drawings.
- Skilled in the application of IEC 61511 / ISA84 and good understanding of IEC 61508. Knowledge of API14C is highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with the following is highly desired:
- AB ControlLogix 5000 PLC programming
- AB FactoryTalk View HMI
- Communications interfacing using MODBUS, OPC, DNP3, IEEE 61850, or Ethernet industrial protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, and vendors.
- Proficiency in English is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license is required; Travel (driving a car) to/at client facilities is expected.
- Must be eligible to work in Mexico.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.