Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Virginia, US
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
As our Product Manager, you'll be responsible for developing and executing a growth strategy including new hardware offerings and analytics-enabled solutions to meet the growing demand for monitoring and control of distributed customer assets in the industrial water services and oil & gas markets. Activities will focus on monitoring and control equipment for remote locations and harsh-operating condition. Solutions include critical sensors coupled to local and long-range communication hardware enabling robust linkage to our Water Technologies & Solutions' InSight cloud-based digital platform using the latest in IoT protocols and methodologies.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Proactively develop and execute multi-generation product plans including competitive assessment, market segmentation, business case and technical justification
- Gain demonstratable technical and operational knowledge of existing portfolio of products including cellular gateways, controllers and programming software, while evaluating new technologies and partnerships to field a broad and impactful product portfolio
- Champion technology with SUEZ Product Application, Commercial and Digital teams and customers to accelerate the digitization of monitoring and control automation equipment. Managed global forecasting of demand for new and existing products and engage with Supply Chain and global Commercial teams to ensure new and legacy products meet local regulatory requirements and are effectively launched and supported
- Interface with Technology Program Leaders to ensure product launch schedules are achieved with solutions meeting performance specification in target environments. Build product and portfolio roadmap presentations, commercial sales collateral and technical procedures and training materials
- Define software requirements and use-cases to drive technology developments related to portfolio support and operation
- Bachelor's degree in a mechanical, electrical, chemical, system engineering or related science discipline
- 5+ years' work experience in product management and/or development
- Good working knowledge of remote communication technologies including wireless, cellular, satellite systems
- Experience with industrial protocols such as ModBus RTU/TCP and OPCUA. Experience with network architectures and edge to cloud data flows and data flow enablers including IoT methodologies and protocols such as MQTT, python, JSON and other relevant topologies
Other Useful Skills & Abilities
- Experience in industrial water (cooling, boiler, waste), refining and/or upstream hydrocarbon processing market segments
- Good technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in instrumentation and hardware development
- Understanding of industrial standards and directives (ATEX, IEC, NEC, ASME, RoHS, UL, CSA, CE, FCC)
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.