Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Mechanical/Piping Designer. Reporting to the Discipline Lead, Mechanical & Piping Forest Industry, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing various aspects of the layout, design and specification of mechanical and piping equipment and components for pulp & paper and biomass facilities and related infrastructure. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities :
- Providing design and technical support for the layout, design and specification of equipment for piping, mechanical systems and/or building services (HVAC/dust control/fire protection/plumbing)
- Design and drafting of equipment systems in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- 3D Modeling of equipment and piping system for use in plant models
- Reviewing project documents for scope, and technical accuracy prior to issue
- Fieldwork supporting Senior staff on site
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Design Technology or Degree in non-Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (non-CEAB) engineering program
- 0-2 years of relevant design experience for industrial plants preferably in pulp & paper or mining industries
- Proven experience with AutoCAD. Knowledge of 3D design / drafting software AVEVA E3D/PDMS would be considered an asset
- Pulp and paper, Heavy Industrial or municipal sector experience would be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.