Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Material Handling Designer. Reporting to the Discipline Lead, Mechanical & Piping Forest Industry, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for assisting with the layout, design and specification of bulk material handling systems. If you want to be challenged and work for a global industry leader, this is the opportunity for you.
- Under supervision of a senior engineer/designer, assists in the design and drafting of bulk material handling systems for industrial applications, such as biomass and wood handling plants, pulp and paper facilities, mines, port facilities, and process plants in 3D and 2D drawing environments
- Preparing layout and detail drawings for the design and procurement of conveyors, conveyor components, stacking and reclaiming equipment, crushers, feeders, chutes, bins and hoppers
- Working in a team environment on large multi-discipline projects
- Assisting more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of project work
- Providing support to as well as developing and establishing communication with internal Wood personnel in order to ensure that work flows smoothly
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Design Technology or similar
- 6+ years of increasing responsibility and experience in the design and construction of material handling projects in forestry and/or bulk material handling industries with an emphasis on belt, screw, and chain conveyors, chute work, and feeders. Experience in integration of general mechanical and process systems with bulk material handling systems will be considered an asset
- Proficiency in E3D and AutoCAD design/drafting software is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.