Skills: Translator / Interpreter
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform day-to-day activities within the function and carry out AUT.
- Trained and examined as an ASNT and/or CSWIP AUT Operator and Interpreter and holding current certification in same.
- Experience with PipeWizard Phased Array AUT system ( Olympus PIPEWIZARD V4 system) and trained in it's set up, use and maintenance.
- Ensures all AUT equipment is suitable and operational during the project.
- Maintains AUT systems.
- Ensures work is performed expeditiously and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Reports relevant data clearly and accurately and daily electronic backups are made.
- Daily reporting and administration including timesheets and work records.
- Maintains logs of component changes and repairs to AUT equipment.
- Personnel team briefing, toolbox talks and equipment inspection.
- Client liaison.
- Ensures that Clients' technical and administrative requirements are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports to Project Manager on current activities.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
Supervise the day-to-day activities within the function and carry out AUT.
- PCN or ASNT qualified in UT (E)
- CSWIP or ASNT qualified in PA AUT (E)
- 2 years experience with Automated systems (E)
- Experience with onshore pipeline NDT (E)
- Excel (E)
- Word (E)
- Email (E)
- Be familiar with Pipewizard, UT systems
- Have a knowledge of calibration periods for NDT equipment
- Be competent at using equipment on Automated systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics .
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night. Remote work site with camp accommodation, facilities. Exposed to all weather.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
- Confined space or cramped spaces.
- Travel could be by taxi, train, bus, and plane.
- Work at height from elevated platforms or scaffold.
- Use of hand tools, gauges and meters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered H work.
Lift 20-50 pounds
Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, and work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Goggle eye protection.
Chemical/heat/additional glove protection
Dust/chemical/waterproof suit protection
Wear harness or fall protection systems
Lift 10-25 pounds
Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
Operate a motor vehicle
Differentiate between colors
Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
Wear PPE for feet, body, head, vision, and hearing protection
- Passport or an official travel document showing birth date and parental details
- Current document of identity issued by Emirates Identify Authority
- Current driver's license copy issued by the UAE government (Only for approved drivers of the radiation pick up)
- Document confirming employment history, education, and personal referees
Security Background Check
The security background check shall include a security assessment and criminal history check issued by the competent authorities in the UAE.
- Employee may be requested to get a good conduct certificate from the country of origin or a local police clearance certificate
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.