Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, promotes excellent customer relations at the worksite.
- Plans and performs necessary calculations for the total job at the wellsite as needed.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of operators during the equipment rig up, rig down, and the preparation of equipment for performing a job.
- Provides planning necessary for the job including instructions to the crew and dispute resolutions to approved levels.
- Ensures customer satisfaction with jobs performed.
- May perform data collection and data distribution on jobs.
- Coordinates the clean up, repair, and preparation of equipment for the next job.
- Provides input on individual performance levels of subordinates, providing on-the-job skills development to enhance job performance.
- Performs Service Leader job duties when the Service Leader is not present.
- Must possess exceptional skills within the service line and have a general understanding of other service functions.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- Leads pre- and post-job safety meetings in order to promote safety awareness and environmental consciousness.
- Ensures compliance with HSE standards, practices and guidelines.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of HMS standards, work methods and processes.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality and continuous improvement processes.
- Skills are acquired through four years of experience and completion of required competencies for current and next level.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to an Service Supervisor III - Frac/Acid.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
6155 W Murphy, Odessa, Texas, 79763, United States
Requisition Number: 141639
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.