Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Under general direction, assists in providing application expertise and any special technical data to Business Development, Application Engineering, Training, External Customers and Operations to support product and service applications globally
- Role requires 24 hours per day and 7 days per week accessibility
- Technical Writing experience a plus
- Reviews, uses, and refers users to appropriate technical content of product / services web pages on HalWorld
- Reviews content for accuracy and recommends revisions as needed
- Assists in responding to questions submitted to the Knowledge Base system and drafts relevant articles to publish
- Provides operational and practical perspectives to project development and prioritization, as a member of the PSL Project review team or PD&C
- Establishes operational performance expectations or specifications
- Incorporates Reliability, HSE, and Quality standards into job activities
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability, or operations
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined
- Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or similar discipline, and 4 years of experience in PSL Field Operations, Business Development, or Technology Development as it relates to field operations
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs
- Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from the Senior Engineer - Technology Development up to a Principal Engineer - Technology Development
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
14524 Heathrow Forrest Pkwy , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 143872
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.