Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bacton, United Kingdom
Perenco is a leading independent Oil & Gas Company operating in 14 countries across the globe. This opportunity is available in our UK subsidiary which manages onshore and offshore operations in the Southern North Sea. Perenco's success relies on a team of dedicated and innovative engineers and technicians who all share a willingness to think and act differently.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of a hands-on IT team supporting a wide range of disciplines and technologies. This role has responsibility for IT/OT infrastructure and servers both at our Onshore Terminals and Offshore Assets. The successful candidate will also take a lead on cyber security and act as a focal point for Perenco IT.
This is a full-time role based out of Bacton with frequent travel to UK Operational sites, including offshore assets. In addition, you may be called on for out-of-hours business critical events and form part of an on-call rota.
Key Responsibilities Include:
This role will oversee and support all operational technology (OT) servers and network equipment both offshore and onshore. In addition, the engineer will conduct the following on a routine basis the following:
- Responsible for oversight and advising the Process departments (Metering, Automations, Hydrocarbon Accounting), assisting them in managing their own IT/OT infrastructure.
- Advising and assisting with the management of the ESX, vSphere, Hyper-V and bare metal server environments
- Assist with Periodic patching and updating of OT servers
- Periodic updating of Anti-virus and incident management
- Management of the backup solution
- Regular testing of the Disaster Recovery processes
- Periodic password and physical access audits
- Periodic maintenance and upkeep of cyber security measures - dark trace/ARP watch/Allowlisting etc.
- Firewall and network switch configuration to be regularly backed up/reviewed/modified.
Additionally, the role will have a responsibility as a cyber security focal point and coordinator for the OT engineers:
- To regularly review cyber bulletins and notifications and report to the lead Automations engineer and Inst and Control TA any relevant to PUK.
- Conduct high-level Cyber Security risk assessments in line with RM-035 for all offshore assets and regularly update these as threats evolve
- Contribute to the IEC-62443 based on Detailed Cyber Risk assessments conducted for each of the terminals
- Conduct Cyber Security Risk assessment on behalf of the automation's engineers for inclusions in MOC work packs
- Be the owner of P-Tracs related to Cyber Security in the operations technology area (not enterprise zone, corporate firewalls, or business systems)
Key Requirements Include:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy etc.
- Veritas Backup Exec
- VMware ESXi
- Hands-on approach to IT.
- Ability to work on projects independently and drive forward with change.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work closely with HQ and team members at other sites.
- Ability to take ownership of the whole IT system and see the bigger picture.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Discretionary Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Pension Provision
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays