Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
IT Business Analyst is responsible for identifying, designing, and documenting the business requirements and help to leverage existing, new or emerging to provide reliable, usable cost-effective solutions in a timely manner to meet business requirements or resolve business problems. The IT Business Analyst will lead product design discovery on projects, engage with the Product Owners and users to slice and translate requirements into valuable offerings and drive the delivery of high-quality solutions. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business organization.
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with IT and the business to identify opportunities for systematic or process improvements to reduce process inefficiencies and improve service levels.
- Analyzing and evaluating the current business processes identifying areas automation
- Run workshops; facilitate group discussions for requirement gathering, design and solutioning and present projects, products, ideas, and findings in meetings
- Capture, analyze, refine, articulate, and record business requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, & software documentation. Review potentially releasable features to ensure requirements are met
- Applies detailed knowledge of design principles and user needs to ensure that user interfaces are of high quality, very usable, perform well and are consistent across product lines
- Conducts design walkthroughs, demos, and functionality feedback sessions with internal and external customers
- Serve as thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking systems prototypes that promote increased efficiency and productivity on multiple levels. Based on the understanding of the requirements and business expectations, create prototype, user experience (UX) ideas based on the persona of types of users
- Work with IT and business to improve the adoption of existing and future solutions/applications
- Assisting technical staff with implementation needs, including process clarifications, test case preparation and execution, when necessary.
- Understand and stay abreast of relevant architectures and technologies related to a business area. Research potential solutions and innovative ideas. Guide interactions with technology vendors.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business users and set realistic user expectations for the project outcome. Adjust user expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Facilitate development of cross-business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technical options, and process facilitation techniques
- Collaborate with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of the project status, and inform business of progress
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in the role of IT Business Analyst or IT Business Architect
- Knowledge of existing, new and emerging technologies
- Minimum 1-year experience working on digital transformation projects
- Minimum 2 years' experience in all aspects of designing and constructing business and system processes
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in Agile projects
- Minimum 1 year experience working in projects developed in a low-code development platform
- Minimum 1 year experience in using any prototyping/designing tool (like Figma, Indigo Design, Sketch etc.)
- Proficiency in all MS Office products offerings, including Visio
- Master's in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Degree or diploma in Business Management
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or PMI-BA certification
- Expert knowledge in database design and development
- Experience in wring SQL queries is a plus
- Experience in Outsystems development platform will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and methodologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with advanced proficiencies and experience speaking with international customers is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently, as well as on teams, in an agile, global environment.
- Should be an analytical thinker, decision maker, problem-solver and visualization master
- Candidate should be very much proactive and possess positive attitude.
- Should be highly self motivated and strong team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and independent time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.