Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for Electrical Technicians with extensive offshore operations and maintenance experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably working on an FPSO installation.
We are supporting the development of an offshore field to support bringing gas to the market by 2022. The development of the fields shall be undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas will be produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids will be tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure will include three development wells.
The project will support with the preparation, start up and subsequent operation and maintenance of the deepwater gas development.
The Electrical Technician will perform the required inspection, maintenance and repairs of all electrical systems associated with project operations to meet the planning, scheduling and priorities of the FPSO whilst ensuring work is performed effectively, efficiently and safely and in accordance with the required procedures.
The positions are located in the Eastern Mediterranean region, on a 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off offshore working rotation, t he duration is up to the end of 2023, potentially longer.
- Report any defect or inspection report to relevant Asset Supervisor in a clear and concise manner and record all relevant information in logs as required.
- Ensures the installation, calibration and testing of platform electrical systems is conducted in accordance with company requirements and any statutory guidelines
- On site assessment of the electrical systems to ensure operability will be acceptable with and deficiencies identified in a timely manner to enable resolution or mitigation.
- Ongoing assessment of the electrical technicians to ensure that Energean has the correct attitudes and skill sets within the team to ensure a safe and efficient start up through to steady state operations
- Actively participate in meetings, planning, initiatives etc.
- Safety related equipment is supplied and installed correctly with any deficiencies identified as early as possible to allow timely rectification.
- Carry out system walk downs, punch listing and handover responsibilities..
- Operate and carry out first line maintenance activities as directed by relevant Team Lead on the process and utilities plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain complete and accurate records within the Maintenance Management System
- Adhere to all legislative, environmental and company standards and procedures and checklists.
- Ensures the required supply of spare parts is available, prepares and requisitions items required.
- Maintains good housekeeping conditions in workshop and work sites
- Ensure effective systems are maintained for the identification, assessment and control of significant environmental risks at site.
- Assessment of the electrical systems to ensure operability will be acceptable with any deficiencies identified in a timely manner to enable resolution or mitigation and where appropriate the risks of not addressing are fully understood
- Review of the operational electrical manuals and procedures and completion of onsite walk throughs to ensure that they are fit for purpose and accurate
- Responsible for weekly monitoring checks on safety and production critical equipment, reporting any deviation of set parameters and raise work orders in client's maintenance management system.
- Maintain effective communication with Supervisors and other work groups.
- Carry out major services, overhauls and intrusive maintenance on platform equipment.
- Carry out MV & LV switching and isolations.
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all platform equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
- Carry out inspections on all portable equipment and complete relevant paperwork.
- Ensure critical spares are available and any discrepancies are addressed
- Provide technical instruction and guidance to ad hoc personnel and new team members
- Participate in HSEQ activities to make sure that risks are understood and controlled to highest level possible.
- Participate and actively encourage a ONE TEAM approach for the O&M crew and the third party contractors staff that will be part of the core team make up.
- Responding to out of hours call-outs as requested
- Be part of the Emergency Response Team
- Participating in incident investigations as required
- Participate in deck operations
- Part of helideck crew.
Performance Indicators (Indicative)
- Agree personal HSE development plans and goals.
- Competency profile attainment against discipline plan.
- Effective delivery of assigned work scopes in accordance with process, procedure and plans.
- Effective performance reports delivered in a timely manner.
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development
- Work executed safely in accordance with delivery plans.
Communicatiosn & Working Relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the project/ contract interfaces.
- Effective 2-way communicator, comfortable with presenting, able to build strong working relationships with peers.
- Community development including: Networking /Knowledge sharing.
- Effective 2-way communicator, comfortable in both Client and other 3 rd party environments; able to build exemplary working relationship with Client and other Stakeholders
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority
- As delegated by line management.
- Good communication skills, be flexible and have a willingness to make a difference.
- Management of change (Technical)
Skills / Qualifications
Completed recognized Electrical Apprenticeship.
SVQ3 - Electrical Maintenance and Systems.
Current COMPEX certification.
BOSIET / MEDICAL / MIST training
Emergency Response Team
- Previous offshore oil and gas experience, preferably working on an FPSO
- SVQ3 - Electrical Maintenance and Systems
- Current COMPEX certification
- Experience in topsides and marine electrical systems. Power Generation, Turbines, UPS Systems, HV/LV switchgear, networks and power management, Motors, Lighting and NAV Aids.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Electrical & Control Systems
- Experience of working within the strict limitations of a Permit to Work system
- Good communication, team working and coaching skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Maintenance Process practices
- Able to read and work from engineering/vendor drawings
- Knowledge of hazardous area classification is required.
- HV / MV / LV Switching and Protection systems
- Trained and competent in Emergency Response.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.