Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer in order to grow its Brisbane Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
This will be working on a complex magnetite concentrator and we require up to three suitably qualified personnel to take this project through detailed design. Working in the city centre, these positions will be a on a minimum 12 month contract.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
We can offer you a career in the ever-expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. As part of this role, duties may include the following:
- Reporting to the Lead Civil / Structural Engineer regarding all technical aspects of the project
- The development of designs which comply with local laws and regulations, as well as industry and company codes, standards and practices.
Interfacing with other engineering disciplines to ensure all design impacts have been fully considered.
- Design of reinforced concrete, steel, timber, and masonry structures including but not limited to sewage treatment plants, liquid retaining structures and temporary works
- Design and review of engineered lift studies
- Delivery of small to medium scale Civil / Structural water utility projects
- Provide technical guidance to discipline staff involved in the delivery of an assignment
- Ensure safe project execution
- Encourages, guides, trains and mentors less experienced members of the team
- Contribute to innovative solutions to meet the project objectives
- Ensures technically sound, compliant and fit-for-purpose solutions are developed and documented
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart from other applicants will be your previous experience at an engineering company, having worked on the design phase of a major mining project. You will also have:
- At least 5 years' experience as a Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experience in design, operation, maintenance, construction/commissioning and general engineering
- Experience including conceptual, front end, detailed design, and site construction experience
- Capable of applying engineering techniques and makes decisions on engineering problems and methods
- Capable of communicating and interfacing effectively with other disciplines, project managers, and clients' representatives
- Field experience in construction and commissioning strongly preferred
- Mature and well-developed communication skills both oral and written
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered. We are looking for Brisbane based candidates. If you plan on relocating, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Senior Civil / Structural Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.