Victoria, Texas, United States
Victoria, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Depends on Experience
Location: Victoria, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Measurement Technician must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, and calibration of gas and/or liquid meters and associated mechanical and/or electronic systems without supervision.
- Install, maintain and calibrate gas and/or liquid meters and associated mechanical and/or electronic systems;
- Witness gas meter calibrations and liquid meter proving;
- Obtain gas and liquid samples, both spot and composite, and transport hazardous and/or nonhazardous materials;
- Perform job duties onshore and/or offshore, utilizing a company vehicle and/or transportation by helicopter, boat, seaplane, etc.;
- Out of town stay and/or offshore stay is sometimes required;
- Maintain work schedule with customers and SPL. If any changes are made to the schedule, notification to the customer and the appropriate SPL office is required;
- On non-scheduled days, the Measurement Technician will perform assignments at the office;
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, i.e., eight (8) to sixteen (16) hours depending on job service requirements and customer needs;
- May be required to be part of the "On Call" program on a rotating schedule. These hours can be extended into weekends and/or holidays;
- Maintain and account for assigned SPL property. This includes tools, company vehicle, cell phone, laptop, calibration equipment, and parts;
- Properly prepare all necessary paperwork and documentation of service performed on a timely basis and submit same to appropriate SPL office personnel for processing;
- Be proficient in submitting daily work tickets through Field FX or other program as required by SPL to ensure proper billing is completed for each client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- 2-3 years of experience is desired. Technician level may be influenced by relevant experience;
- Electronics and/or mechanical experience/knowledge/skills is preferred;
- Effective communication skills are required.
- May be required to obtain DOT Medical Card;
- Must be able to carry equipment (not to exceed 50 pounds) up and down steps. At times, multiple trips of this nature (due to more than 50 pounds of equipment) may be required;
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, safety glasses, FRC's, hard hats, safety toe work boots, ear plugs/muffs and respiratory protection;
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds;
- Must be able to pull up to 50 pounds;
- Working extended hours and varying shifts is often required;
- May be exposed to hazardous noise levels at work sites on an occasional basis;
- May be exposed to hot/cold/inclement weather conditions;
- May be required to work in tight quarters;
- May be required to work at elevated heights;
- Must be able to stand and sit for various lengths of time;
- Must be able to crouch, stoop and kneel for various lengths of time.