Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily in offshore industries. We develop products and services for use in the maritime environment. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. OII OTECH is seeking a Quality Assurance Planner who will develop controlled work procedures, and supervise, manage and execute the provisions of the Quality Management program, System Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems. The QA Planner will Job Title Quality Assurance Planner Job ID 18952 Location Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Temporary Regular Favorites Main Menu OII Recruiting Manage Job Opening establish and enforce manned undersea system Quality Assurance and maintenance procedures as well as operational and safety standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and support a climate of "first time quality" in all aspects of production ensuring the highest quality final product.
- Support and instill a safety culture within the team that is in compliance with Oceaneering's Life Safety Rules and HSE program.
- Plan, execute and oversee planned and corrective maintenance in a manner that meets all requirements of the NAVSEA SS800-AG-MAN-010/P9290 System Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems, the OTECH Quality Management System Manual (ISO-T-00001), and other higher-level authority guidance.
- Maintain Deep Submergence Systems - Scope of Certification (DSS-SOC) requirements (processes and personnel) in accordance with the Systems Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of certification in accordance with NAVSEAINST 4855.34B as recognized and reflected in NAVSEA Notice 5000.
- Assist in the development and execution of a Quality Assurance Program that meets the requirements of ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2015 or equivalent.Support ISO audits as directed by the OTECH Quality Manager, The Quality Assurance Program shall also comply with the Systems Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems.
- Use Re-Entry Control (REC) procedures/processes and develop/obtain required Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) for maintenance within DSS-SOC boundaries and work performed that validates adherence to the applicable requirements of NAVSEA SS800-AG-MAN-010/P9290 (Systems Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems),and NAVSEA SS521-AA-MAN-010 (U.S. Navy Diving and Manned Hyperbaric System Safety Certification Manual).
- Support regular reviews which include functional audits, sustaining surveys, and quality assurance surveillances as directed and scheduled by the government. Quickly and efficiently determine root cause(s) and take short and long-term corrective actions to resolve any certification or non-compliance deficiencies noted during any review.
- Participate in the development and use of formal work packages in accordance with appropriate industry standards and best commercial practices.
- Assist in the implementation of a Quality Management and Assurance program which includes a training, qualification and tracking process for personnel. Assist in the maintenance of a Quality Assurance Program internal audit and surveillance program, IAW the OTECH Quality Management System Manual (ISO-T-00001) to monitor work performance and compliance with contract requirements and to determine the effectiveness of the quality program. The program shall emphasize assurance of quality through controlled, disciplined, well-defined work processes.
- Provide administrative and technical support services to the Sustaining Activity during scheduled Certification Sustaining Surveys.
- Review Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) documentation and conduct a receipt inspection for DSS-SOC parts received and certify them for use in DSS-SOC system maintenance in accordance with applicable guidance.
- Support quality initiatives such as process and product characterizations that lead to continuous / cost improvements Conduct benchmarking to develop more effective methods for improving quality.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate status or instructions.
- In-process inspecting and testing in accordance with Quality System work instructions. Included in this are reading drawings/blueprints, determining methods for dimensional inspections, inspection of paint and other coatings, weld inspection, and identification of material and inspected items to show inspection status.
- Final inspection to verify that items exhibit acceptable workmanship and that inspection reports/certificate of conformance are completed and ready for shipment with the product.
- Maintain logs; fill out nonconforming material reports and other required records of inspection and tests.
- Assure that inspection gages and equipment are in current calibration.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Quality Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of Quality Assurance and SUBSAFE or DSS-SOC experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
- Leads/participates in cross-functional teams.
- Extensive travel and an ability to work away from home for periods up to 45 days.
- Skillset to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Must be able to perform well both autonomously and in working with teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management systems and principles and a variety of operational excellence processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Practical experience in problem solving and root cause analysis methods.
- Current US Passport is required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A current SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
This position is considered OFFICE and FIELD which is characterized as follows.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions (50%)
- Requires working outdoors in a variety of environments including at sea embarked on vessels of opportunity (50%)
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.