Skills: Facilities Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood Programs, Inc. (WPI) is seeking a Building Management Control System Technician to join our team in Durham, NC.
Monitors, Inspects, Maintains, repairs , and installs heating, air conditioning, and lighting system controls, infrastructure panels, network controllers and cabling. Performs assessment troubleshooting and repair communication issues, program updates, and/or controls component hardware. Maintains building controls and control devices to ensure efficient and safe operation of HVAC equipment. Ensures compliance with laboratory control conditions and comfort compliance in administrative spaces. Maintains and repairs graphic and logic issues as well as alarms setup and monitoring of the building automation system
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance, calibration, programming, and maintenance of instrumentation, equipment, and controls for optimum performance through the campus Building Automation Systems.
- Working knowledge of computer programming, electric and pneumatic controls, and HVAC Sequences, function block, and/or line code programming
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Etc.)
- Familiar with multiple manufacturers' DDC Controls equipment and programming
- Controls, troubleshoots, and repairs BAS related mechanical equipment such as HVAC, process utilities, steam, chilled water, reheat water, and lighting.
- May provide training on electronic control systems operations.
- Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research, and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems as well as pneumatic control systems.
- Performs basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices.
- Makes recommendations for improvements in instrumentation, procedures, and work practices to improve efficiency, reliability, and indoor air quality.
- Provides after-hours support to the on-call maintenance team for building automation and control needs, including after-hour breakdowns or emergencies per established procedures.
- Share information and communicate effectively to develop good work relationships with co-workers, supervisor, vendors, and customers (internal and external)
- Monitors, adjusts, troubleshoots, and services all aspects of the building automation systems in a campus setting including laboratory admin, and data center spaces.
- Adheres to change management process to request, implement, and document changes made to BAS programming and graphics.
- Utilizes mechanical skills to complete assignments when necessary.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Performing other duties as assigned by Management or Lead.
Skills / Qualifications
- Distech and Siemens Controls experience desirable
- Schneider Electric i/Net and SmartStruxure controls experience desired
- Must be able to search out and read applicable literature
- Niagara AX or N4 Certification a plus
- Experience with BACnet other legacy protocols
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 10 years of experience working on commercial and/or industrial Building Automation Systems
- Control System Licensing and/or certification preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.