Reading, United Kingdom
Reading, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is a world leading engineering and multi-disciplinary consultancy company across sustainability infrastructure.
Wood is seeking a proven relationship and client director to lead our UK Defence account as part of our growing Built Environment team. We have multiple existing contracts and framework procurement routes with the Defence Infrastructure Organisation and are seeking a focused individual to deliver on existing Defence projects and secure new opportunities through positive relationships and the exemplary delivery of our existing order book.
With extensive experience and a recognised professional qualification ( e.g. RICS Planning and Development), you will be the lynchpin between understanding our clients' needs and mobilising, motivating and leading our internal teams to deliver viable solutions and exemplary technical work. We are regularly involved from project inception through to development, from defence estate disposal work, due diligence and site appraisal, design and assessment studies, environmental assessment, planning and delivery.
As account lead, y ou will be a leading figure in our operational team and will be provided support in bidding, managing the key account and service development to ensure the developing Built Environment and Defence strategies align and shape our internal investment, products and services.
The role is to be accountable for achieving business growth objectives, providing medium to long term view on end markets and achievement of significant year on year sale targets through exemplary Defence client satisfaction and relationships.
The successful candidate will be client and industry facing with the objective of making Wood a leading expert on the trends helping to shape the Defence sector both within the UK and overseas.
We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have experience in residential development, retrofitting buildings toward Net Zero Carbon and have a strong understanding of the current environmental opportunity Natural Capital Assessment provide.
This role can be based in any of our UK office locations (Leamington Spa, Reading, London, Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle upon Tyne, Knutsford, Shrewsbury or Leeds).
- Client Leadership: Drive business growth in the Government land & development sector with particular focus on Defence. Raise the market profile of the business and establish/maintain strategic partnering relationships. Contribute to monthly business reporting on Government land & development goals
- Growth: collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders across the Wood business, identify and lead the capture of important, complex and high-profile opportunities to grow the service offering and developing the existing client base
- Strategy: Continue to evolve and develop the Defence sector strategy to achieve year on year growth across existing contracts and frameworks
- Supply chain management: Build upon the existing supply chain to add greater value to the Defence sector. Develop strategic relationships with key suppliers to create opportunity winning partnerships
- Ensuring work is delivered in accordance with Wood policies and procedures: health and safety, security, environment and quality
Skills / Qualifications
- A Chartered RICS Surveyor ideally with a Planning & Development background
- Focused on viable, design and deliverable solutions
- Experience in securing consents for mixed use and residential development to create better Places
- Proven experience in the built environment sector at a senior level
- Management of multidisciplinary teams
- Managing and driving value from key accounts
- Strategic bidding large complex Defence sector projects and programmes
- Experienced networker and relationship manager
- Deep and long-term client relationships within the Defence sector
- Client and/or supply chain partnership management
- A keen focus on retrofitting buildings toward Net Zero Carbon
- U nderstanding of the current environmental opportunity Natural Capital Assessment provide
- Active participation in regional or national professional institutions
- Relevant degree or masters
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body (e.g. RICS)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.