Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Duncan, Oklahoma, United States
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, operates all cement pumping and mixing equipment: blenders, liquid additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition systems, Automatic Density Control (ADC) systems, bulk cement blending, delivery and storage systems, manfolding equipment, and cementing plug releasing tools.
- Performs pre-job calculations related to: pipe capacities and volume/height math, plug landing pressures, absolute volumes (including total water requirements for job), hydrostatic and differential pressure, resulting forces, balanced plugs, bulk cement blending, calculations to include liquid additives and weighted spacers, pressure to reverse, and determining burst and collapse.
- Sets-up and utilizes a controller to run ADC software for the purpose of monitoring and acquiring job data and for accurate mixing of cement slurries in the performance of a cementing job.
- Downloads controller and/or performs real-time report generation of job data using the appropriate computer system.
- Completes documents, reports, and forms related to the cementing service performed.
- Trains and provides guidance to less experienced Service Operators and Operator Assistants in the operation of some or all of the following: cement pumping and mixing equipment, blenders, liquid additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition systems, ADC systems, bulk cement blending, delivery and storage systems, manfolding equipment, and cementing plug releasing tools.
- Assists in communicating the pre-job and on-the-job progress to customer.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations. Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
- High school or similar education and 1 year of experience as Service Operator I - Cementing is required.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment is required.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- A passing score on job-related tests or meeting task guidelines is required.
- Capable of being deployed to any rig in the work area.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
215 East Bois D'Arc, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73536, United States
Requisition Number: 148256
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.