Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining, modifying, and continued development of the Foxboro based Distributed Control System (DCS)
- The Process Control Specialist will be responsible for the monitoring, troubleshooting and improvement of the Plants Control system
- Aspects of the role includes supporting the installation, commissioning, and operation of the facilities, as well as assistance to site turnarounds and startup / shutdown events
- Work closely with manufacturing site personnel, process engineering, and the business stakeholders to identify opportunities and define scope, cost, benefits, and project schedule for both new and revamped applications
- Responsible for review of electrical, instrumentation projects in the plant
- Develops risk plans for equipment obsolescence and recommendations for path(s) forward
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases
- 5yr or more of chemical plant or refining experience
- Greater than 3 years of practical experience designing and implementing effective control, automation, abnormal event detection, modeling and/or optimization applications in support of petrochemical, or manufacturing facilities through experiences including monitoring, troubleshooting, asset support, projects and turnarounds
- Strong technical background in advanced process control and optimization. Successful candidates will demonstrate innovative thinking, strong initiative, and exemplary communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with peers across organizational boundaries, and in diverse teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental process dynamics and feedback control in a plant with batch operations; an understanding of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers and other sensors.
- Strong written and Communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making skills and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Proficiency with SAP and Microsoft Suit of Products.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
11200 Bay Area Boulevard, Pasadena, Texas, 77507, United States
Requisition Number: 138062
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.