Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Wixom, Michigan, United States
Wood Applied Intelligence - Automation and Control, is currently recruiting for a Vision Systems Engineering Technician in Wixom, MI.
Vision systems engineering technicians support the installation and integration of machine vision systems in manufacturing facilities.
Typical vision systems improve part quality during the assembly process, and use cameras and sensors to perform the following:
• Error Proofing - Verifying components are correctly assembled
• Sorting - Different parts from each other or good from defective parts
• Gauging - Measuring parts and analyzing them to a specification or tolerance
• Code Readers - Reading 1D and 2D bar-codes for data collection
• Robot Guidance - Guiding robots for various inspection or assembly tasks
In short; the majority of machine vision applications involve taking a picture of a part or assembly, and then using software tools on the camera image to measure or detect whether it is the correct part type, or if it has been assembled properly.
This position offers an opportunity to work for a solid company in the growing field of machine vision.
This position includes full benefits (including medical, dental, and 401k match), vacation, and overtime opportunities.
Knowledge of machine vision programming, optics, camera logic and PLC logic preferred. This position is hands on technical engineering, and requires aptitude in the following areas: (On the job training will be provided)
- Electrical - Debug of 24VDC I/O
- Networking - Ethernet connections and remote connections to cameras
- Programming - Supporting vision programs using the camera manufacturer's interface
- Mechanical - Ability to adjust camera and light positions to get the best image possible
- Optical - Determining the best camera image by selecting the appropriate camera, lens, and lighting for the application
- Customer communication - Communicating with the customer and supporting engineering
- Industrial controls (PLC & HMI) - knowledge of industrial controls and automation is a plus
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates degree or related field OR 2-5 years of automation experience - automotive plant experience is a plus
- Reviewing general project specifications and scope of work
- Assisting in installation and debug of vision systems
- Launch and standby support at the end users facility
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.