Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Mid to Senior Level Water Resources Engineer to join our Salt Lake City office. This team has an excellent reputation and ambition to grow and serve an increased client base in a growing business line. This individual will join in leading an established team and engage with the Wood Global Technical Expert Network (GTEN) connected with more than 400 Wood engineers and scientist focused on solutions to the complex issues our diverse clients face. You will be engaged in exciting projects across the U.S. ranging from FEMA Risk MAP (Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning) activities, transportation drainage and other similar water resources projects. Our professionals are networked across the Wood organization and are active in technical organizations advancing our practice.
Wood's Salt Lake City office has recently been selected for the Utah Risk MAP program and supports similar programs across the mountain and Midwest sections of the U.S. as part of a larger water resources team. The successful candidate will be working closely with team members, both locally and nationally, towards the successful completion of a variety of Risk MAP products and other water resource projects.
- Work with Senior Engineer/Engineering Managers supporting our hydraulics and hydrology groups across the Mountain West region.
- Join an established project team completing projects that include tasks such as the development of hydrologic and hydraulic models of open and closed systems, flood hazard mitigation analysis, risk data analysis, GIS analysis, and preparation of planning reports.
- Support transportation engineering, drainage engineering, stream restoration design, and floodplain management work.
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation.
- Mentor and oversee the development of junior staff.
- Travel to project sites in Utah and attend public meetings.
- Market to, pursue, and grow clients in the public or private sector.
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight of staff.
- Manage and coordinate project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables.
- Collaborate and participate in technical discussions with team members.
- Participate in proposal efforts.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree required; MS preferred.
- Utah PE or the ability to attain it within 1 year is required
- 6 to 15 years + of hydrology / hydraulics and water resources experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Project management experience
- Experience leading proposal management and development
- Demonstrated success in business development and client management
- Strong technical skills regarding hydrologic and hydraulic modeling approaches and commonly used software
- Familiarity with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study regulations.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.