Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood's Phoenix office is seeking a Senior Civil/ Environmental Engineer to support our growing Arizona Operation. The candidate should have the appropriate experience to support projects involving site civil design and environmental remediation (sediments remediation, in - situ remediation including SVE, IAS, ISCO, ERD, etc.), remediation feasibility studies, cost estimates, planning documents, engineering design, and construction support.
Our office is a leading engineering consulting business in Arizona, providing multi-disciplinary solutions covering all aspects of environmental consulting services, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure design and management, construction services, materials testing/engineering and water supply and resources services.
The position will involve all facets of both site civil engineering and environmental remediation. The position will involve business development, project management, mentoring junior staff and coordination and implementation of project work associated with environmental remediation projects in the industrial/commercial, government, mining, and energy sectors. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies, design and other remedies, and develop conceptual cost estimates.
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including investigation work plans, sampling and analysis plans, remedial action plans, permitting submittals, and construction complete reports.
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare related reports.
- Prepare and / or support development of environmental permit applications for site development projects and remediation work.
- Develop and review plans, specifications and special provisions for site design and remediation projects.
- Develop construction cost estimates.
- Prepare requests for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement.
- Develop or support proposals.
- Oversee remedial action implementation and provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals.
- Directs and supervises technical assignments (both field and office) and manages entire projects or specific elements of projects.
- Performs business development and marketing activities to capture new clients for Wood.
- Mentor junior staff to develop technical capabilities and skillsets.
- Act as a technical resource for the Phoenix Environmental Branch and Mountain Region.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Degree in Chemical, Environmental, or Civil Engineering; Master's Degree preferred.
- PE (Arizona) required.
- 15+ years' experience in environmental consulting and design or construction experience with a focus on site civil engineering applications.
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/commercial, mining, energy and government sectors.
- Experience working with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality a must.
- Experience implementing remedial solutions for in - situ and in - water contamination.
- Experience with coal combustion residuals (coal ash) and PFAS/PFOA a plus.
- Strong Business Development skills with ability to consistently develop clients and project work.
- Demonstrated scientific or engineering expertise in the area of environmental regulations, with an emphasis on multimedia (air, water, and waste) environmental management regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with permitting and regulatory compliance under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA); Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA); Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA); Clean Water Act (CWA); and Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as a team leader and promote team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Hydro CAD, and Autodesk.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills are necessary.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- 40 - hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.