Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Beijing, China
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Join our growing team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.
Partner with the best
As a Channels Senior Business Partner, you will own the successful deployment of the strategic growth plan for Channel Partners in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region (including China) - delivering incremental yearly orders growth while ensuring adherence to the strictest ethical & quality standards.
This role will report directly to the Valves Global Channels leader with dotted line reporting to the APAC-CHINA Regional Sales leaders. The role will require working very closely with our Channel Partners, the front lines of the organization (sales & commercial operations), as well as influencing and driving actions across all enabling functions (commercial enablement, services, training, product line, finance, etc.), as needed, in order to increase our Channels and BH Valves opportunity pipeline and win rate.
The essential responsibilities and skillsets of a Channels Sr. Business Partner will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a key member of both the Valves Global Channels team and the respective Regional Sales teams to drive profitable growth within the Valves Channel Partner Portfolio.
- Working closely with the respective Regional Sales teams, Channel Enablement teams, Industry Vertical Sales team, and supporting functions in order to proactively define, prioritize, direct, and support Channel Partner growth initiatives with a focus on:
- Increasing Channels Opportunity Pipeline and Win Rate for both new units Projects and Aftermarket.
- Providing regional leadership with data analysis and KPI's to measure channel performance and enable proper resource allocation.
- Defining, prioritizing, and implementing ideal "Go to Market" regional strategies. This includes optimizing Channel Partner coverage in assigned territory by filling channel coverage gaps, replacing non-performing channels, and redefining assigned territories and/or products.
- Working with regional sales to develop and maintain channel partner succession plans including alternative non-BH channels for regional evaluation in select territories.
- Prioritizing channel onboarding and renewal activities working closely with Global Channels Sr. Operations leader, respective regional sales leader(s), and BH Channel Operations team. Common goal is to reduce new channel onboarding cycle time, achieve 100% on time agreement renewal, and 100% "first pass yield" in terms of agreement quality.
- Driving the wing-to-wing (W2W) Channel Partner Performance Management process, from initial assessment through the definition, prioritization, and execution of Mutual Action Plans (MAPs) for every Channel Partner working cross-functionally. Ultimate goal is to enable Channel Partners growth by increasing their commercial, operational & services capabilities, and by improving our internal support infrastructure (e.g. channel facing tools, processes & service levels).
- Taking ownership for all channel related commercial excellence initiatives, ensuring proper prioritization and execution of initiatives working closely with the (commercial & services) channel enablement and regional sales teams.
- Providing guidance, prioritization, and supporting our Services Enablement, Aftermarket Global Sales, and Regional Sales teams in the successful implementation of the various services growth initiatives, including:
- Increasing our knowledge and penetration of BH Valves and competitors' Installed Base (IB) through proactive discovery.
- Improving channels digital services capabilities (i.e. Valve Lifecycle Management).
- Proactive Outage campaigns, pricing strategies frame agreements, spare parts planning & stocking initiatives, retrofit, upgrades & competitor's IB replacement campaigns.
- Supporting the Industry Vertical, Valve Solutions, and Regional sales teams in driving channel awareness and winning strategies for key (small and large) Projects in both core and new adjacent markets.
- Leading / Supporting all channel related communications in respective regions working closely with regional sales team and other stakeholders. This includes:
- Gathering broad channel partner VOC, acting as the main POC to drive all follow-up activities internally, as well as communicating back to the channels.
- Setting up and facilitating regional channel council forums; driving active participation and follow-up rigor.
- Facilitating regular regional channel meetings with varying agendas based on channel VOC and internal stakeholders
- Identifying and sharing Channel Partner related Best Practices within / across regions.
- Supporting internal & external channel partner audits (compliance, FCPA, quality), as required.
- Assisting with resolving execution, audit or performance issues that arise with channel partners.
- Supporting mitigation of channel conflict with both immediate dispute resolution and long-term policies & strategies to drive channel coordination.
- Leading / Supporting other channel related projects as required.
Measurements / KPIs
- Channel Year over Year opportunity pipeline and orders growth (Projects & Aftermarket)
- Channel Capability Score Improvements - Commercial, services, equipment, etc.
- Channel succession plans
- Channel Win / Loss Ratio
- Channel Installed Base Validation & Penetration %
- New Channel onboarding cycle time
- Agreement Renewals on time%
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Have at least 10 years of sales / commercial experience with proven orders growth record dealing effectively with channel partners and end customers.
- Have experience defining and implementing commercial strategies in a matrix / cross-functional organization.
- Have heightened sense of teamwork, entrepreneurism and accountability.
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to influence, communicate, build consensus and lead cross-functional teams at different levels of a matrix organization.
- Have strong oral and written English language communication skills.
- Be hardworking with a positive, can-do attitude, and be willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get the goals accomplished.
- Be able to work across time zones in order to support regional activity and flexibility to travel (if needed).
- Have valves (control, safety, regulation, etc.) domain and industry knowledge is strongly desired
- Have good English and native mandarin proficiency.
- Have Masters in Business Administration will be an advantage.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.