Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, AB, United Kingdom
Technician-Mechanical, Assoc - Job Specification
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assists with carrying out rig surveys.
- Assists with creating reports, project schedule / Gantt Chart, pre-planning and for activities relating to the project.
- Assists with creating installation procedures, commissioning procedures and certification data books.
- Creation of equipment layout drawings, electrical diagrams and P&ID's for equipment installation on Mobile Offshore Drilling Units and platforms.
- Participates in the Management of Change process where required.
- Assists with preparation of BOM for projects.
- Assists with evaluation of equipment and certification requirements.
- Participates in and promotes Behavioural Based Safety (STOP etc.)
- Assists with equipment and materials procurement, inspection, preparation and mobilisation.
- Creates fabrication and manufacturing drawings based on established design standards.
- Assist in analysis, modification and design for assigned projects.
- Assist and participate in testing and analysis of test results for assigned projects.
- Acquire basic knowledge of materials, components, and their application.
- Applies company sanctioned standards and specifications.
- Assists in handling field problems to maintain and improve products and services.
- Some international travel may be required.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of an HNC or HND in a related field of science or 2 years' experience working in a related technician, manufacturing and/or field operations capacity.
- Mechanical surface equipment design experience is preferred.
Autonomy of Job:
- Under direct supervision: job duties are highly structured with infrequent but direct supervision through a process to task. Approaches to the work method are highly defined.
Leadership & Initiative of Job:
- Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed.
- Involves organizing, work prioritization and related skills.
We are looking for motivated people who want to achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunities of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 145300
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.