Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a Lead Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer in order to grow its Perth Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
We can offer you a career in the ever-expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. Working in our newly fitted offices in the Perth CBD, we have an onsite gym with five-star end of trip facilities.
As part of this highly visible role, you will be in an influential position and undertake the following duties:
- Accountable for the quality of deliverables of the discipline design section in line with the needs of the customer and regulatory authorities
- Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc
- Input to capital estimates including quantity calculations
- Set man-hour budgets for engineering and drafting and recommend engagement of additional manning as required
- Allocate tasks and assist other engineers to balance demands of time and budget
- Ensure that information flow to drafting and other disciplines serves to maximize output (clear, concise, correct and practical)
- Provide solutions to engineering problems
- Provide technical and commercial direction to engineers in relation to design quality, design schedules and design budgets
- Act as the key link between the project team and the engineering discipline group
- Timely input into the deliverables and task progress monitoring system. i.e. Convero
- Monitor the progress and performance of project discipline teams. Give input and provide feedback and support where necessary
- Review feasibility studies documentation and estimates
- Provide feedback to the Project Engineering Manager on design progress budget and schedule
- Provide technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department
- Reviewing and approving vendor data
- Oversee design scope changes
- Perform site inspections, functionality testing and commissioning documentation
- Analyse feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve performance
- Drive professional development of direct reports and other less experienced staff members
- Provision of mentoring role to graduate engineers or discipline engineers where applicable
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart from other applicants will be your previous experience at a large engineering company and previous experience in the resources industry. You will have previous lead a team on a major project, ideally in the mining sector. To be considered, you will also have:
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institute, ideally with post-graduate studies
- Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
- Must have experience working with high value engineering centres and in an engineering consultant environment
- Excellent communication skills when working with cross functional teams within the project and client office to provide guidance and input with regards to instrument specifications and modifications
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards (AS, ASME, ASTM, ANSI, API, etc.)
- Excellent team management skills in a challenging work environment
- A proven track record for delivering projects within scope, budget and schedule
- High voltage experience including fault level and harmonic system.
- Calculations, HV switchgear and HV motors.
- Medium voltage motor control centres and motor experience.
- Qualified experience in Control Systems and Instrumentation Systems would be advantageous
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered. We are looking for Perth based candidates. If you plan on relocating, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.