Gloster, Louisiana, United States
Gloster, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Field Comm / SCADA, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gloster, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil exploration, development and production within North America. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It's a commitment that has motivated our employees for nearly 90 years. Our culture demands creativity and innovation. That's why we give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. We strive to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment, by rewarding team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits.
- Program and validate EFM/RTU (Thermo Fisher, ROC, ABB) control systems to efficiently operate wellsite facilities, safety systems, and flow control scenarios
- Understand and program HMI and interfaces that correlate to field EFM's and SCADA systems
- Diagnose problems and failures effectively with the ability to troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to read and understand documents such as equipment manuals, P&ID's, and cause-and-effect diagrams
- Understand and maintain communication equipment including, but not limited to: 900mhz point to multipoint wireless networks, 200mhz and 3.6ghz point to point backhauls. (Freewave, Cambium, MDS, and cellular networks)
- Understand and maintain communication networks and protocols including, but not limited to: modbus rtu, modbus over tcp/ip (both wireless and direct) and HART
- Knowledgeable in automation, instrumentation, and electrical standards and practices
- Understand how to calibrate multiple process variables including pressure and temperature
- Knowledgeable and experienced maintaining both 4-20ma and 1-5v signals.
- Thorough problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnosis and resolve complex technical matters
- Proficient with multimeters, ohm meters, HART devices, and signal generators
- Effectively navigate a personal computer with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Works and participates successfully in a team-based environment to accomplish assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively without too much oversight
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and basic databases for analysis and record keeping
- On call support required
- Ability to test, inspect, and operate electronic devices associated with gas measurement applications
- Technical degree in Industrial Automation is preferred. Work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 3-5 years of experience is required, preferably in the field of Instrumentation and Electronics
- Industrial Electrical Certification preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license.