Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to generate business by interfacing with customers, suppliers and business unit personnel regarding Requests for Quotes (RFQs), prepare bids and proposals, and managing CRM (Customer Relationship Management) application software and related quotation data.
- Requires daily onsite attendance; this is not a remote-work position
Duties & Responsibilities
- Log RFQ information into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and register the receipt of Request for Quote from customers, acknowledge RFQ and return any response forms.
- Create proposals and cost estimation sheets with limited supervision; work simple and complex proposals with the guidance of other business unit personnel in various functional areas, i.e. Customer Service, Sales, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing and Shipping / Logistics.
- Maintain and process CRM records and reports for distribution to appropriate business unit personnel.
- Conduct analysis and periodic review of data, including costs and pricing, in ERP system (Infor Syteline) and CRM.
- Participate in and lead creation and discussion of Win Plans and Risk Assessments during bid preparation.
- Assist with and coordinate contract / purchase order execution and handover to Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing personnel.
- Utilize data from ERP system (Infor Syteline), raw material suppliers, subcontract services and other related cost sources to generate quotations.
- Route quotations and contracts to ensure proper approvals are obtained during bidding and contracting process.
- Compile and store supporting information and data utilized to generate quotations.
- Verify and ensure quotations are complete and accurate prior to submission.
- Contribute to business unit process improvement initiatives, including creating and revising procedures as required.
- Contribute to initiatives related to the CRM and ERP systems, including day to day reporting, training, and new changes and implementations.
- Communicate effectively with clients, suppliers and internal functional groups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 3 years experience creating RFQs, bids and proposals, and managing CRM (Customer Relationship Management) application software and related quotation data.
- Minimum 1 year experience with ERP and CRM software applications
- Familiarity with industrial and commercial sales proposal preparation and specification review
- Knowledge of Petrochemical, Power (Utility), Oil and Gas, Aerospace, Food Processing and / or Environmental industries
- Proficiency with Microsoft ® Office software
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or other Technical degree.
- Experience with pipe valves and fittngs
- Familiarity with Infor (Syteline) ERP and Oracle CRM software applications
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.