Skills: Subsea Engineering, Diving, ROV Ops / Tech
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
• Work experience in an offshore/remote location. WAFR experience preferred.
• Experience with deepwater ROV operations
• Experience with production operations support including installation of XT's, rigid jumpers, SFL's, EFL's in > 1000msw.
• Exposure to IMR activities
• Experience with operating onboard 3rd party vessel
• Experience with predominantly national crews.
• The ability to understand interface relationship between marine and project personnel.
• Able to communicate effectively and articulately at all levels.
• Experience of maritime activities
• Experience of ROV operations & capabilities
• Experience of survey operations - predominantly USBL
• Pleasant disposition with the capability to be authoritative when necessary
• Clear and effective oral and written communications skills in English language.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of principle discipline and peripheral subjects.
• Strong coordination, organization and liaison skills with the ability to seek and gain consensus solutions to complex issues.
• The Offshore Construction Manager in conjunction with the Vessel Master has a primary responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of the Offshore personnel and the quality/operational excellence of the project delivery.
• Overall responsibility for the efficient execution of the work and ensuring its timely completion, in accordance with the relevant legislation, contract and procedures.
• Maintaining communications with the Client's Offshore
• Representative, vessel/ Installation management and onshore management.
• Conducting project briefings with all relevant parties to ensure understanding of the operation, and the proposed method of achieving its completion.
• Responsible for the selection of personnel who are competent for carrying out the appointed task.
• Responsible for ensuring personnel familiarisation with the site and equipment on board in accordance with the site-specific familiarisation program.
• Ensuring that all personnel involved in the operation receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks in a safe and effective manner.
• Preparing a detailed briefing to relief personnel before leaving operations site.
• Maximising the working synergies between project and marine personnel.
• Be familiar with and implementation of the SEB management of change Process & Procedures.
• Maximising the use of common work processes between project and marine departments.
• Developing a continuous improvement culture throughout our offshore operations.
• The company may vary your duties to include Emergency Response Team responsibilities provided the variation is reasonable and within your skills and competence.
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.