Skills: Project Engineer, Subsea Engineering, Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
Target hire : 3 headcount
Project : BSP Salman, Brunei
Target start : First rotation starts on the 2nd week of June 2022
Recruiter in charge : Badrolhisham Tairudin
• Minimum 3 years of working experience as a Field Engineer
• To have a sound working knowledge of Project Management and to have worked in a project environment supporting offshore operations.
• To have gained experience of working within the parameters of a Document Control and/or Management System for the research, review, editing and writing of specifications, procedures and manuals.
• To be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• To be able to understand, interpret instructions received from Offshore Managers and ensuring this information is passed on and used as identified.
• To be able to demonstrate active participation in project planning, risk assessments and task planning meetings.
• To have an operational understanding of relevant industry legislative requirements and guidance notes.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of launch and recovery of lost bell/basket procedures.
• As this role is responsible for a team of people, the role holder will be expected to have gained substantial experience managing people's performance including managing teams through change and working in support of people processes. The role holder will be expected to manage, direct, support and guide their direct reports.
• The Senior Field Engineer is the centre of expertise for the vessel's equipment characteristics and operational capabilities. This includes lay systems, cranes, welding systems, mobile equipment and hired equipment likely to be used on the vessel to which they are assigned.
• Knowledgeable of the ROV, Survey and DP systems. The Senior Field Engineer provides a level of supervisory assistance to the project during mobilisation, offshore execution and demobilisation and may be appointed to supervise specific subcontractors onboard the vessel.
• During periods of work onshore, the Senior Field Engineer to assist in the preparation of tenders and projects by provision of extensive experience and thorough knowledge of the vessel. This assistance will include setting direction for how operations should be performed, review of procedures and verification of schedule activities and durations.
• To specify the work assignments and monitor performance with input from the Offshore Manager, the Field Engineers and Graduate Field Engineers. Performance monitoring will be recorded and discussed with the individual on a regular basis.
• To competently ensure all engineering documentation and drawings appropriate to the vessel systems are maintained onboard to reflect the status of the vessel.
• Act as the point of contact between the oncoming project and the vessel to ensure that engineering has been conducted considering vessel installation preferences and limitations.
• To provide engineering solutions, designs and calculation services appropriate to modifications/developments of the shipboard systems.
• To continuously develop and improve standard operating procedures for the various types of installation and feedback the lessons learnt into the Operations Experiences database.
• To identify problem areas on aspects of the systems for improvement to increase the efficiency of the installation processes.
• To assist the project team, prepare task plans.
• To ensure compliance with project procedures in the settings of tensioner, winches, passive track system, etc.
• To ensure a comprehensive logbook during the project work is maintained to assist handover between shifts, handover between replacements and in compilation of as-built data books.
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.