Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Static Equipment Engineer (contract) to be based in our Reading office on a contract basis.
- Preparation of data sheets for pressure vessels (including reactors, columns and drums) storage tanks and heat exchangers
- Preparation of enquiry and purchase requisitions
- Evaluation of vendor bids
- Review of vendor deliverables
- Provision of support and advice on equipment matters
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive experience, primarily in a contracting environment, working with pressure vessels, storage tanks and heat exchangers on FEED and EPC projects for the oil and gas, refinery and petrochemical industries
- Mechanical design of pressure vessels using PV Elite (or other commercially available software package)
- Flexible attitude, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the following codes : ASME VIII Division 1 and 2, API 620, 650, 660, 661, 662, TEMA
- Computer literate within Microsoft Office
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.