Skills: Chemical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Would you like to collaborate with dynamic, cross-functional and international teams?
Do you enjoy working in a team where you can take ownership and drive deliverables with your unique input?
Join our Compact Carbon Capture team
Our Turbomachinery Process Solutions (TPS) Technology Team provides industry-leading products and services to help take energy forward and to expand our portfolio of decarbonized solutions. We drive our strategy as an energy technology company, underpinned by robust technology roadmaps and an efficient operating model that allows each engineer to innovate, add value and reach their potential.
Make a difference to a vital part of our business
You will be accountable for the technical development of the Compact Carbon Capture program across multiple technology maturity levels, and to sign-off the entire technical solution. You will need to effectively coordinate a global, interdisciplinary, and diverse team applying system engineering tools and methodologies, working in close collaboration with the CCC Program Director and CCC Product Leader do deliver the most competitive plant and technology solution.
As a Carbon Capture Solution Technology Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Defining and leading feasible and competitive technical options within the development program, coordinating different technical disciplines, qualifying impacts toward product specifications, risk, time & resources.
- Defining sequence of technical activities and relevant options required to de-risk technology development and scale-up.
- Flowing down product requirements and identifying system/subsystem requirements, design, analysis, verification, test, and validation activities.
- Defining de-risking strategy and relevant options to be implemented to advance technology readiness level according to plan and budget (including technical target setting for each workstream, FMEA, product risk assessments and development of technical risk abatement plans).
- Ensuring technical governance of the program including any required technical reviews such as design reviews, risk reviews, manufacturability reviews, supply chain reviews, etc. from conceptual to a fully industrialized product.
- Managing technical interactions with external resources or third parties (like Universities, Research institutes) and defining related areas of support or collaboration as deemed favorable to improve or accelerate the program development.
- Reporting on program technical status and risk at regular intervals.
- Providing leadership and motivation with high integrity and oversight of processes protecting Baker Hughes intellectual property and strategic technology.
- Leading the development of new IP to strengthen our technology positioning.
- Ensuring relevant standards and technical regulations are met by design.
- Complying with the Company Quality and HSE rules within the area of responsibility.
- Ensuring a coordinated approach among all involved Engineering Teams being the prime technical project interface.
- Applying open and broad communication of the principles, objectives, and targets for the program execution, including feedback communications.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have MSc. in Chemical or Mechanical engineering with a solid process engineering background preferably in carbon capture related fields.
- Have prior experience in managing technical programs, designing, and developing new solutions.
- Have proven experience with system engineering methodologies and tools.
- Have deep technical leadership experience, with a solid business acumen and Customer mindset.
- Show executive level presentation, efficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Be able to identify goals and objectives, develop plans and strategies. Effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Have genuine passion for talent development, diversity inclusion and cultural change to embrace new technologies deployment.
- Have proven success in working across business functions and global teams.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasionally remote working from home or another work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.