Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Chemist to support projects, develop technical proficiency within the company, assist in new opportunities and interfaces with key clients. You will primarily supervise other junior production chemists / graduates and will have excellent interpersonal skills and technical leadership experience. You will have a solid technical background and be comfortable being a primary point of contact with clients and specialists.
- Work on exciting, challenging projects, predominately in the Oil and Gas sector
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, innovative environment on projects across Europe and offshore.
- Providing Production Chemistry and Flow Assurance technical support to clients / project teams
- Advisory support on production chemistry matters to assist with field development and production / operational management plans
- Support to producing assets relating to production chemical issues, scaling, emulsions, hydrates, asphaltenes, wax, foaming, corrosion and any other process - related production chemical issues
- Assist in developing project proposals, bids and tender documents and assist with business development as required, including presentations to clients
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with the company quality management system
- Ensure that project objectives assigned by the Project Manager and Client are achieved
- Provide guidance and mentoring for more junior staff
- Deliver effective, concise presentations internally and to clients
- Act as a client representative at technical meetings with third parties
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, B.Eng, HNC, HND or equivalent with industrial experience in applicable maintenance discipline.
- Solid experience of working in a Production Chemists role within the upstream oil & gas industry, preferably with a UK North Sea operator
- Technical authorship of Production Chemical documentation including procedures and detailed technical notes
- Preparation and deliverance of technical presentations to project teams and steering of internal meetings
- Broad experience in oil, gas and water chemistry issues in oil and gas production systems, with experience in produced water and water injection systems advantageous
- Skillful application of the discipline core tools such as ScaleChem / Multiflash etc.
- Past experience in screening, qualifying, applying and troubleshooting production chemicals for oil and gas field developments will be required
- Competence in thermo - hydraulic modelling and calculations e.g. OLGA, PIPESIM, etc. are advantages, not mandatory
- Valid Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) certificate and valid offshore medical certificate are advantageous
- Offshore experience in both an offshore Production Chemical and commissioning role essential experience in management of both offshore chemists and 3rd party contractors is advantageous
- Highly motivated, goal - oriented professional
- Possess technical credibility in order to successfully influence peers, supervisors, BU management and external third parties
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.