Skills: Facilities Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Nailsea, England, United Kingdom
Be part of a successful team
The graduate engineer will be expected to observe, learn and contribute to engineering activities listed below relating to the design of subsea production systems, services and offshore equipment.
The graduate engineer will also be expected to attain chartered engineering status in accordance with the accredited monitored professional development scheme applicable to discipline e.g IMechE, IET or other.
The graduate engineer shall work under close guidance of senior engineers and mentors with rotations through discrete product groups, disciplines & business functions to acquire required breadth of knowledge.
The types of engineering conducted within the services org are systems engineering, coding, debugging and creating software (embedded, PLC, IOT), control system design and validation, electronic engineering and electrical power system engineering.
Partner with the best
As a G raduate Engineer , you will be responsible for the below:
- Enroll and complete an accredited monitored professional development scheme for engineering chartership.
- Create work packs for delegation, which can vary in depending on your discipline skill set.
- Create layouts, specify functional components, evaluate stack-ups, create assembly procedures, support manufacturing, undertake basic calculations.
- Interpret customer engineering specifications to produce layout, detail and assembly designs and specifications.
- Develop conceptual design requirements and layouts on systems and product levels following company design process management (DPM) protocols.
- Develop general design specifications for interpretation by other engineers and designers.
- Create detail designs for manufacture and participate and create material for design reviews
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) in documentation system, for approval by Engineers.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: Tolerance studies, design reliability, design for manufacture, simple failure analysis, design reviews, simple calculations for basic design Verification purposes.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications
- Create basic factory acceptance (FAT) procedures, prototype Test Procedures and document results (PVT) for approval by Engineers
- Ensure all design activities and documents are correctly archived in electronic document management system.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in an Engineering/Technology Discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we™re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we™re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire yo
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.