Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking for Expression of Interest (EOI) applications for Offshore Planners. Please note this is not a live position, but rather to show interest and be on our database for upcoming positions in 2022.
The preparation, review and reporting of accurate project schedules and plans in support of the robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle.
Support senior members of the planning team through the preparation and submission of project schedules and plans, ensuring schedules and plans are prepared to the required level of detail and accuracy in accordance with contractual requirements and Wood policies, procedures, and standards.
Skills / Qualifications
- Typically requires ISCED level 6 (Bachelors) Degree in a relevant technical or business discipline (or equivalent gained through relevant vocational training and/or industry experience)
- Must hold Valid Offshore Certification
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Experience as a SAP CMMS Scheduler (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of Primavera and other scheduling software and related tools and techniques including Logic and CPM analysis, resource loading and levelling
- Basic knowledge of Project Execution Procedures for Scheduling
- Basic understanding of WBS & CBS structures and project reporting capabilities
- Basic ability to develop project schedules and plans
- Basic ability to prepare resource loading, progress and staffing plans
- Understanding of earned value application, cost and schedule variance analyses/trending and whatif scenarios
- Understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Understanding of Cost Management, Change Control, Planning & Risk Analysis & Management
- Demonstrates commitment to Wood Values, Visions & Behaviours
- Applies analytical and statistical analysis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Uses initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.