Skills: Reliability Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To provide , lead root cause analysis(RCA), development of a condition monitoring program , producing monthly reliability report , analysis of the PM program and assisting in rewrite of work instructions for offshore assets.
- Evaluate, define, and development of specific maintenance concepts, programmes, and strategies for onshore and offshore oil and gas installations
- Provide support for staff development and coaching including competency reviews, within team.
- Assist the Line Manager to achieve Key Performance Indicator (KPI) deliverables and overall management of the
- Support the Line Manager in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and
- Lead root cause analysis (RCA) of failed equipment.
o Gather data related to failures.
o Liaise with ePOG and Operations engineer on reliability of production critical equipment
o Apply a proven RCA methodology.
o Approach vendors to discuss changes, improvements to improve equipment reliability.
- Lead analysis of the PM program and SAP failure date through the MATE tools.
o Look for leading indicators of failures.
o Assess areas where we are over/under maintaining.
o Analysis of risk indicators and ORAs for improvement opportunities.
o Recommend improvements to the maintenance program.
- Assist in rewrite of work instructions and client's standard concepts.
o Ensure work instruction are written in a clear, concise manner with all generic statements removed.
o Ensure all regulatory and performance standard requirements are met
o Engage with and visit offshore as required to ensure PMs are correctly written.
- Lead the development of a condition monitoring program for an offshore asset
o Identify equipment which would benefit from CM.
o Assist in sourcing materials required and installation procedures.
o Set up monitoring routine.
- Assist Mechanical Engineers with findings and follow up actions from the CM on the client asset
o Lube oil analysis follow up.
o CM follow up from weekly TCM meeting.
- Produce monthly reliability report for the client's Field.
o Status of ongoing RCAs.
o Review of lube oil analysis data.
o Review of CM data
- Involvement in 'Compliance & Leadership' analysis when problem areas are identified ensuring relevant Maintenance Engineers and TAs are involved.
- Involved in 'LEAN / AGILE' initiatives as required to aid in effectiveness, compliance and cost efficiency within maintenance.
- Produce 1 pagers when necessary to provide management with key updates / threats as and when required.
- Ensure lessons are learned between the client's assets
- Represent Oceaneering on appropriate industry technical forums and seminars
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- College Diploma in in Engineering related discipline, Mechanical, Electrical or Process preferred
- Degree in Engineering related discipline, Mechanical, Electrical or Process preferred
- Award of professional engineer status within local region e.g. CEng/EUR ING/PE
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.