Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Visual Data Analysis to join their team in St. John's , Newfoundland to support an exciting new project aimed at reducing carbon emissions and enhancing safety through the use of autonomous robotics.
- Visual Data Analysis role has the knowledge and skills to turn raw data into information and insight, which can be used to make business decisions.
- They scrutinize the collected data to recognize and identify patterns using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction.
- Preparing reports for the client stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Working with programmers, engineers, and management heads to identify process improvement opportunities, propose system modifications, and devise data governance strategies.
- Preparing final analysis reports, creation of dashboards, for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
Skills / Qualifications
- String physics background is required.
- Experience with Linux, Windows and python scripting.
- Experience with thermal imaging and methane detection would be helpful.
- BSc/MSc in Physics, Math, Engineering or related discipline.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.