Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Wood Renewable is recruiting an Environment Team Leader to be part of our Renewables Centre of Excellence.
The Environment Team Leader role will suit an outgoing individual who wants to be part of a growth business in this specialist area and help lead the identification and delivery of environmental and social projects in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
You will work with members of the environment team to identify, win, manage and deliver environmental and social renewables projects (such as environmental and social impact assessments (ESIA) and environmental and social due diligence (ESDD). You will be hybrid office / home based however there may be a requirement to undertake site visits and attend client meetings internationally.
You will lead the current environment team in Glasgow, UK who have a strong portfolio of international ESIA and ESDD renewables projects. The role will provide leadership and business development, working closely with other disciplines to ensure both project objectives are delivered successfully, within budget and to programme.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in environmental science/engineering, relevant to a core environmental, social or ecology discipline. Post-graduate qualifications and Chartered status is preferable
- Sound knowledge of international lending safeguard requirements, such as Equator Principles (EP), International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Performance Standards and Asia Development Bank (ADB) Safeguard Policy
- Considerable previous experience in delivering environmental studies, particularly, ESIA and ESDD (including construction and operational monitoring)
- Experience in the renewables sector is desirable including wind and solar
- Demonstratable success in identifying, winning and delivering ESIA and ESDD projects.
- Active management of client relationships and development of new opportunities.
- Experience of liaising with planning authorities and stakeholders both in the UK and internationally
- Understanding of a range of technical environment disciplines and interlinkages
- Staff management and commercial management experience
- Experience of project management relating to budgets, programmes and forecasts
- Ability to independently lead a team, with a perspective on resourcing and commercial considerations
- Interest to provide mentoring and management of junior staff, as the line manager
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.