Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Electro-Mechanical Inspector will be required to comprehend specifications in order to determine testing/inspection procedures and equipment to be used. The candidate must be able to read dials and displays, compare results with specifications, record test/inspection data, and confer with engineers, technicians and production personnel. Must be able to perform electrical and visual verifications on printed circuit boards, cables, and assemblies to acceptance criteria. The Inspector must identify non-conforming material and document non-conformance reports/material. Ability to work with general instruction and supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform incoming, in process & final inspection on products and assemblies.
- Read drawings, comprehend specifications and tolerances, read dial indicators and digital gages, compare results with specifications and record test data, confer with engineers, technicians and production personnel as necessary.
- Perform electrical checks and visual verifications of components and assemblies to acceptance criteria.
- Use measurement, test equipment and functional gages to determine if product meets all stated requirements.
- Validates the quality components and assemblies in terms of accuracy and visual verification according to acceptance criteria.
- Review data supplied with parts, such as: dimensional reports, traceability reports and certificates of conformity against acceptance criteria.
- Apply a range of techniques and standards under general instruction.
- Interact and communicate professionally with peers and supervisors.
- Ensures calibrated measuring equipment is used for performing inspections.
- Fill out nonconforming material reports and other required records of inspection and tests.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 - 3 years' experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including the following:
- Electrical inspection and electrical/electronic troubleshooting using Multimeters and other similar electrical test equipment
- Basic mechanical inspection with calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of IPC 610 & 620 standards
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Email)
- Blueprint reading skills, ability to interpret wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics; inspection, measuring, and test equipment; materials and processes; inspection technology
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
- Certification in IPC standards
This position is considered SHOP WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Generally work performed indoors (80%) and occasional outdoors (20%). Hours of work depend on shift assigned.
- Requires a great deal of manual dexterity, such as working with measuring and testing equipment.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces , k neel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Highly dexterous use of tools and equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.