Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is a global leader in the Energy sector; leading our clients on their Energy Transition journeys. Our Energy Consulting business spans Oil & Gas, Power and Industrial sectors and our expertise in Oil & Gas Processing, Carbon Capture, Hydrogen and Renewables is unmatched. Our mission is to support our customers to decarbonize their assets and meet their ESG goals.
A leading technical consultancy in industrial clustering and hub development, underpinned by years of support to the Humber Zero Industrial Cluster and other hubs in the UK, Wood is supporting its clients on their decarbonization journey. A corporate member of the Houston Energy Transition Initiative (HETI) Wood is focused on helping Houston to decarbonize and to create a Hydrogen Hub for the future. A blueprint for other cities and states.
To support this effort Wood is seeking a Director of Energy Consulting based in our Houston TX office. This person will be responsible for leading and growing the Energy Consulting business in the USA.
The business is generally focused on feasibility, concept-select, pre-FEED, due diligence, and consulting where professional expert advice is requested. Markets supported include Upstream, Downstream, and Midstream oil and gas (including LNG) sectors, Power and Industrial with a strong focus on decarbonization initiatives such as Carbon Capture, Hydrogen production and Renewables.
This is an exciting time to join the Wood consulting team as we lead the way in Energy Transition. The role requires an experienced technical leader with strong business and industry acumen and an ability to work with a high degree of autonomy. The role offers an exciting blend of customer management, business management and technical study delivery.
- P&L responsibility for the Energy Consulting business
- Establish regional budget and deliver annual business growth objectives
- Participate in the local consulting management team
- Establish strategies and objectives for growth of the Energy Consulting business in the region and direct team efforts to attain the objectives
- Set and meet annual objectives for growth for the team including personnel, sales, and profitability
- Lead or direct client engagements and proposals for consulting projects with support from the Business Development function
- Lead the recruiting and hiring study management and technical staff for the group
- Monitor and manage performance on each project undertaken by the group
- Ensure high quality technical delivery on all work
- Develop relationships with and work closely with other groups within Wood that can provide the expertise often needed for the multifaceted projects this group pursues and executes.
- Maintain a high focus on developing and retaining personnel
- Work with marketing and sales enablement team to establish Attend and participate in industry events
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum 15 years' relevant experience in the energy field
- Minimum 5 years' experience in business management with P&L responsibility
- A thorough understanding of a consultancy focused business, but experience in broader detailed engineering and EPC projects a plus
- Demonstrated project and engineering management experience
- Demonstrated success in selling, understanding client needs and managing client-facing situations
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, using influence to get support over authority
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.