Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is a global leader across consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment. We deliver projects, operations and specialty consulting around the world in more than 60 countries with over 40,000 employees. We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our Calgary office.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities as assigned by the lead electrical engineer
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, engineering and design calculations.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating.
- Perform engineering and design duties associated with project scope of work and liaise with other project discipline
- Quality control of all deliverables within the scope of electrical engineering
- Act as a discipline focal point as required
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Review, check and approve work output of discipline assigned personnel as required
- Assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Execute engineering and design activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Prepare and/or review electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams and schematics, Load list, Equipment list, Cable scheudles and all other Electrical delievrables assigned by lead.
- Perform engineering for procurement activities including MRQ/MRP development, technical evaluation / recommendation and vendor drawing approvals.
- Perform engineering development of Construction Work Package, including project description, construction specifications, IFC drawings and material lists.
- Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Provide construction support as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered member of APEGA or other Canadian Association
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience required
- Electrical design experience
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be proficient in high, medium, and low voltage power distribution design.
- Must be familiar with electrical safety and code compliance requirements.
- Previous experience with Wellpads and pipelines is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.