Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you interested in hydrogeology and groundwater modelling? Do you like working in teams, to solve complex and challenging problems? Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling start to your career in environmental consultancy? If so, Wood is recruiting for a high-calibre Senior Hydrogeologist to join our Mining and Geo-Environmental team.
We work across a wide spectrum of services covering hydrogeology, water resources, water quality, environmental assessment, hydro-ecology and hydrology. Our hydrogeologists apply their skills and knowledge to projects related to water resource assessment, numerical modelling, groundwater quality investigations and aquifer protection.
Your work will be varied and challenging. It is likely to include the following:
- Data analysis and visualization
- Contribution to conceptual model development, bringing together many strands of environmental data, to develop and describe your understanding of site hydrogeology
- Groundwater modelling, to support water resource estimation and management as well as environmental impact assessment
- Designing and undertaking field surveys, with the possibility of site supervision
- Contributing to technical reports and delivering presentations to clients
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- You should have a good understanding of physical hydrogeology and have some prior experience in applying your knowledge to a project or research study
- You should have strong numerate and analytical skills and prior use of groundwater modelling codes such as MODFLOW, FEFLOW is highly desirable for this position
- Experience is also required in applications used for data processing and management (e.g., Excel, Access or SQL Server) plus in use of spatial data processing and visualisation packages such as ArcGIS, QGIS or ParaView
- Coding skills in Python and experience of parameter estimation are both desirable, but not essential
- The presentation of complicated concepts and ideas to others is an important part of being a consultant. Hence, you should be able to present work concisely and coherently to non-specialists
- You should also be able to collaborate effectively as part of a team, but also demonstrate initiative in working individually on discrete tasks
- Degree-level qualification in either Geography, Geology, Earth/Environmental Science or Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Recognised post graduate qualification in Hydrogeology or a related subject or equivalent
- Current registration as a P.Eng. or P.Geo with EGBC or eligibility for immediate registration
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.