Skills: Geoscientist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer or GeoScientist working with our Mining and Geo-Environmental group to deliver practical solutions related to the management of waste and contaminants across various sectors.
Mining and Geo-Environmental group includes staff with diverse experience ranging from dynamic recent graduates through to engineers and scientists with several decades of experience. You would become involved with proposed, operating and/or closed mines, upstream oil and gas projects, hydroelectric/clean energy projects, municipal and industrial landfill projects, and contaminated site assessment and remediation. A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees
As part of our team you will have the opportunities to engage with our global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
Reporting to the Manager, Mining and Geo-Environmental services and working collaboratively within the British Columbia/Yukon practice, your responsibilities may include but won't necessarily be limited to:
- Providing technical leadership and direction and project management on environmental engineering, site assessment, property development and remediation projects (including closure cover systems, landfills, ponds, and other waste management infrastructure)
- Providing direction under applicable Provincial and Federal regulations
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets
- Client management, including communication through verbal and written correspondence
- Collaborating with senior staff within Western Canada to develop and implement group growth strategies
- Leading pursuits for contaminated sites and related opportunities
- Monitoring, mentoring, and leading the growth of team members
- Building, managing and leveraging appropriate networks both within and outside of the organization
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, earth sciences or equivalent
- Master's Degree is preferred, but not required
- Current registration as a P.Eng. or P.Geo with EGBC.
- 10 years + consulting experience that includes mine closure and reclamation, environmental site assessments, contaminated site investigations, remediation projects, and/or waste facility design
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Provincial and Federal legislation, regulations and processes in support of mining and mine closure and reclamation
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Demonstrated supervisory and project management experience and hands-on training of intermediate and junior personnel, experience and formal training in environmental due diligence, contaminated site investigation, remediation, waste management, risk assessment or related technical areas
- An effective communicator that thrives within a team environment
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposals and other project deliverables
- A strong desire to grow in your career with Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.