Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary function of the Workshop Technical Specialist is to provide technical support to Workshop and Service Excellence Groups in relation to maintenance and refurbishment activities required on ROV Systems and ROV Tooling.
- Provide technical support to the Workshop and Service Excellence groups for all equipment maintenance and refurbishment activities
- Identify changes in work scope and manage through the variation process
- Assist planning in identifying areas of technical risk and/or schedule conflict to the Workshop Operations Manager in a timely manner. Provide solutions to minimize critical path delays
- Attend Tender and Project kick-off meetings to ensure workshop input criteria is fully understood and met
- Stop workshop operations that have not met minimum requirements of "clean to start" criteria
- Provide technical input to Workshop Operations Planner on proposed work scopes to meet minimum "clean to start" criteria
- Liaise with Materials Planner to ensure equipment, parts and consumables are available enabling a "clean to start" methodology
- Provide input to Service Excellence Equipment Manager/ Coordinator on assets planned for operations to define required maintenance and rework activities
- Provide input to Service Excellence SME to ensure asset repairs and modifications are accurately quoted in regards to scope, documentation, duration, resources and parts required
- In conjunction with Service Excellence and Workshop Group, create detailed scope of work to complete maintenance and refurbishment activities on ROV systems and ROV Tooling
- Create and maintain standard work plans for maintenance and refurbishment activities on ROV systems and ROV Tooling
- Create, maintain and present workshop key performance indicators i.e. variation process
- Participate in QHSE initiatives such as continuous improvement implementation and monitoring
- Participate in workshop meetings such as, SQDIP, toolbox talks, safety stand downs etc.
- Undertake any other roles as required in order to support business needs
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical systems used in an offshore/ subsea environment
- Proficient in understanding Engineering drawings, processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Handling of multiple tasks and responsibilities in an effective and efficient manner
- Finding solutions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Extensive knowledge of ROV systems and tooling maintenance
- Knowledge of 6S and lean principals
- Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.