Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Market Intelligence Analyst works closely with Oceaneering's senior leadership across the business segments to inform strategic decision-making by providing insight into Oceaneering's markets, customers, competitors, financial and operational data. The role is responsible for strategic data and information capture, trend and scenario analysis, and other business analytics in support of strategic planning, direction, and execution for the enterprise.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take lead role in individual research assignments; obtain information from internal and external sources; assess the value and write reports.
- Provide rigorous assessment of the accuracy, validity, and reliability of gathered information.
- Analyze and interpret information to provide insights and predictions at a macro (corporate/industry) and micro (opportunity-specific) level. Independently turn research and insight into written reports and analysis.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure information is effectively accessed and communicated.
- Profiles the international development market and competitive environment, providing insights that support strategic decision-making and for use in internal presentations by senior leadership.
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
- Manages data source subscriptions and relationships and improves internal usage and subscription costs through consolidation efforts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Use and analyze CRM data for market, customer, and competitor data.
- Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence to ensure that appropriate communication channels are maintained. Collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modeling and analysis.
- Manages the team of market analysts to deliver comprehensive industry, competitor, and customer models, which include market share studies, growth projections, and trend analyses.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience with statistical and economic analysis.
- Minimum 8 years experience with market research methodologies and best practices, conducting research, analyzing results and synthesizing recommendations.
- Minimum 8 years experience with industry modeling and developing forecasts in business services, information solutions, software or other high-technology sectors.
- Minimum 5 years in market research / business development role preferably in Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum 5 years experience in working with a global organization.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (advanced Excel skills).
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and data analytics software such as Power Pivot, Power Query, and Power BI.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability work with minimal guidance and take the lead role on individual assignments; must be self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to present analytical products to all levels of staff, including executive level
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational skills and attention
- Strong research and quantitative skills
- Solid understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
- Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight.
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and analytics and capable of driving insight to action.
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities.
- Able to operate within a team environment.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.