Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Wood is growing and has a career opportunity for a Mid-Level EHS/Construction Compliance Project Manager to join our Atlanta, Georgia team.
Are you an EHS/Construction Compliance Project Manager with at least 10 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and be engaged with senior staff for opportunities and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers.
- The position is approximately 100% remote work on industrial/commercial for a key Wood client for up to 24 months
- Work under the supervision of a Wood Project Manager
- Proactively seek project work as directed by Project Managers
- Assist in fieldwork planning and coordination, including health and safety plan development, locating and ordering field supplies, coordination with subcontractors
- Observe and document the site contractor's compliance with permitted environmental conditions and activities
- Knowledge of the following: Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) & stormwater inspections, spill response, and waste management.
- Follow company and client safety standards, participate in safety training , and prepare and implement site safety plans
- Travel to project sites in Georgia and surrounding states. Remote project assignment for up to 24 months.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Geology or geology-related degree (geology preferred, other sciences will be considered)
- 10+ years of environmental experience
- Experience with environmental field activities including installing monitoring wells, gauging monitoring wells, and collecting soil and groundwater samples
- Self-starter with good communication, writing skills, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management capabilities
- 40-hour Hazwoper OSHA Training
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in Georgia and surrounding states. Remote project assignment for up to 24 months.
- Will be required to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples
- Must pass a drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Experience with ArcGIS and/or CAD software
- Working knowledge of Georgia environmental regulations and reporting
- Experience preparing SWPPP and/or SPCC Plans
- Spill response and waste management experience
- Fieldwork in outdoor environments
- Will be required to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples. Requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.