Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for experienced Chemical Engineers of all levels.
Wood is recognized globally and throughout many industries for this engineering capability. We tackle engineering projects ranging in complexity from simple to world class. Customers rely on our engineering design experience and lessons learned where we are able to provide certainty of outcome through world class project delivery.
Wood is looking for process leaders who want to join a team with a clear vision of the future and a plan for steady long-term growth. We believe our growth is fundamentally the result of our great people who support the business core values and our diversity in successfully servicing one of our key markets the Chemical Industry sector.
The engineer will join a team of process engineers designing and modifying facilities which produce chemicals, biochemicals, biofuels and related industrial products.
This position will be based in the Atlanta, Georgia or Greenville, South Carolina areas.
- Develop and/or oversee production of PFD & P&ID's
- Develop and/or oversee pump hydraulic calculations
- Develop and/or oversee heat exchanger sizing calculations.
- Assure quality of design documents and process deliverables
- Complete engineering tasks on EPC(m) projects
- Lead the process group efforts on medium and small projects
- Assist in developing proposal for new projects
Skills / Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have 10 plus years of experience
- Experience in the Consulting Industry is preferred
- Experience working in the specialty chemicals and.or pulp and paper industries
- A degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited school
- Professional Engineering License is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication is critical for this position
- Ability to work and excel in team environments is critical for this position
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.