Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior / Principal Electrical Designer (contract). The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have experience within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining, LNG or Power Generation industry. Previous experience in a similar position would be highly beneficial
- Self - starter and an ability to produce electrical deliverables with little input or guidance
- Good understanding with respect to applicable international codes and standards and their application
- High level of competency with respect to Micro - station 2D (Experience of Smart plant S3D and or SPEL would be beneficial but not essential)
- Experience of delivering the following deliverables - Substation design, Cable routing, Area classification layouts, Cable and MTO Schedules, Standard installation details, Lighting and earthing philosophies and layouts
- Strong understanding of plant design and equipment layout and ability to coordinate with other discipline design groups to progress a joined - up plant design
Skills / Qualifications
- Ideally a HNC in Electrical Engineering
- A proven track record in the following project phases: FEED, Detailed Engineering (EPC)
- Computer literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.