Skills: Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gulf of Mexico, LA, US
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Preservation Lead with offshore upstream Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Onshore-Houston and Offshore- Gulf of Mexico. Starting: May 2022.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Supervise and lead the preservation team to a successful completion and injury free project. This includes preservation technicians' oversight and assignment of duties.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning, and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's and Clients Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Coordinating and inspecting all the activities associated with the Protection, Preservation and Maintenance of equipment until they are turned over to the Operations Team. An equipment Protection, Preservation and Maintenance Team (PP&M Team) will be assigned to the subject task and work under the guidance of this individual.
- Provide guidance and expertise on all matter related to the preservationo of the equipment related to the project.
- Act as a single point of contact for information and guidance when conflict arises pertaining to the overall care of the equipment between interface owners.
- Irrespective of their physical involvement with preservation and protection activities in the fabrication yard, the preservation and maintenance team will be in charge of managing and updating the Master Preservation Register, reviewing the preservation and maintenance records and logs throughout the fabrication, integration and commissioning phases and auditing the Contractor's preservation plan. Some of the critical information and activities which the team will be responsible for and must maintain updated records on are:
- Rotating Equipment Run time
- Greasing and Lubrication of rotating components
- Status of filter media and desiccant
- Corrosion Prevention measures (covers, barrier fluids)
- Status and condition of temporary protective measures during installation or fabrication surrounding the equipment such as skillets, plumbers plugs, balloons and other forms of barriers meant for preventing debris from contaminating or entering the equipment
- The maintenance team will create and maintain a maintenance record per equipment and system where ALL preservation and maintenance activities will be recorded in for future reference and for warranty reasons.
- Prepare job cards for Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning preservation activities.
- Provide daily, on-site/in-field leadership, coordination and management of a multi-discipline team of preservation commissioning engineers/technicians.
- Identify personnel and equipment resources necessary to perform preservation commissioning activities for assigned systems.
- Ensure Technicians work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with site procedures and PTW system.
- Analyze work problems and make corrections, which will facilitate the completion of assignments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams including but not limited to Senior Managers, Directors and Leaders, Procurement, Operations, Engineering/Technology Teams, Commercial Business Units, Global Peers , Suppliers, Third party providers, External auditors, Regulatory authorities, and the Client. Working knowledge of offshore oil and gas process, drilling and topsides facilities including power generation and distribution, control and safety systems, oil and gas separation, turbine driven gas compression, rotating equipment, utility support and lifesaving systems.
- Reading and interpreting P&ID's, Piping Isometrics and Production Flow Diagrams
- Operations and maintenance of production facilities
- Rotating equipment, mechanical equipment, electrical and instrumentation equipment
- Report writing and records maintenance
- Permit to Work System
- Candidate must be able to manage a team of technicians in the field.
- Occupational hazards, standard safety procedures and safe work practices
- Management and supervision of Vendors/ Suppliers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven background, typically 10 years minimum in offshore Oil & Gas Completion and Commissioning activities in a preservation or maintenance role, preferably with offshore experience. Proven Supervisory experience in a preservation/maintenance role in commissioning and construction projects. Proficient written and oral English language communication skills.
- Evidence of formal Mechanical Engineering or Instrument and Electrical Education.
- Completion Management Software experience (PIMS) or similar completions software.
- Experience with multicultural project teams.
- Significant direct hands on experience in maintenance and reliability with construction in oil and gas processing is required.
- Significant experience in Equipment Maintenance is beneficial.
- Electrical or Electronics Certificate / Degree or Mechanical / Rotating Equipment Certificate / Degree
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.