Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Are you a military service member within or nearing your 180-day window for separation from active duty? If this is you, then Oceaneering has a unique opportunity to help kick-start the next chapter in your professional life. We are accepting applications for our very own DoD SkillBridge Internship Program, which is a cutting-edge initiative designed to link our nation's warfighters to the best employment opportunities available as soon as possible in their transition process.
Duties & Responsibilities
Internship Schedule/ Hours
Oceaneering Orientation Course
Complete In-Person Course in addition to c ompletion of all required Oceaneering new hire LMS courses.
Assimilation to Organization
Assimilation with the organization to include meetings and introductions to functional peers, project managers, and other internal resources.
Introduction to TGIs & OQE
OJT -- Review of test procedures, TGIs (Task Group Instructions) & OQE (Objective Quality Evidence)
Introduction to Engineering Tasks
OJT - Training in performance of engineering tasks, including development of system level test and operational procedures.
Week(s) 5 - 9
40 / hours week
Qualification as Test Director
Intern will complete qualifications as a Test Director
Week(s) 10 - 24
40 hours/ week up to 24 weeks depending on length of internship approved by command
Bringing It All Together
Intern will continue to build on knowledge and skill in all topics covered in prior weeks through hands-on experience doing the job of a Test Director.
- Must meet all eligibility requirements outlined in DOD Instruction 1322.29 and NAVADMIN 222/15
- Command approval via Oceaneering SkillBridge Application.
- Official TAD/ TDY Orders to Oceaneering International, Inc. for the period of the internship.
- Minimum of six (6) years technical knowledge and operational experience with Naval Submarine and/or Surface HM&E systems. Working knowledge of SUBSAFE & Level 1, Scope of Certification (SOC), drawing and NAVSEA approved testing and certification/re-certification requirements.
- High comprehension of current testing requirements for certification/recertification of U.S. Navy submarines, surface ships, and special purpose vehicles/systems to serve as the subject matter expert.
- Ideal candidate will be a U.S. Navy E-5 to E-9 enlisted Submarine engineering rated sailor with a Submarine Warfare Qualification.
- Experience as "Chief of the Boat" (COB) on a U.S. Navy Submarine is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-Starter, highly motivated individual that can work independently with minimal oversight.
This is a non-paid internship for an Active Duty Service Member.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.