Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Designer - Piping with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.Experience in Renewable Energy projects, Pharmaceutical, Metals and Mining projects will be added advantage.
- Understand thoroughly common equipment and routing of all major process and utility piping in accordance with P&IDs and project standards, including the understanding of impact of specific service conditions on piping design e.g., vibration, two-phase slug flow
- Understand basis stress analysis concepts and skilled in pipe support selection and capable of preparing SPS designs
- Understand clearly the piping standards and details, be capable of providing structured feedback on piping and layout standards through line manager or as appropriate, and have experience in proving necessary inputs for preparation of project standards and procedures
- Produce and check common piping deliverables including isometrics, piping GA's, tie-in details and plot plans. Shall undertake MTO and duties of other disciplines of the Piping and Plant Layout Group when necessary and assists with the preparation of presentation materials e.g. videos, animation, plant views. Shall have proven experience of common CAD systems like PDS, PDMS, E3D & SP3D
- Check any piping details as driven by the project requirements e.g. steam tracing, steam jacketing, drip legs, equipment trim. Prepares SPS details ready for checking by stress engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / BE (Mechanical)
- 10+ years of experience in the detail engineering of process plants
- Project / site experience of working in a variety of projects including grassroots, brownfield and revamp types
- Sound knowledge of all general piping design, developing experience in the area of piping layout and phases of plot plan development
- Some experience in site based design in support of construction
- Experienced and proficient in executing work using intelligent CAD systems like PDMS, E3D & SP3D including AutoCAD & Microstation.
- Have detailed knowledge and proven application in all general piping design / layout aspects
- Must be conversant in materials of construction, insulation and installed instruments commonly used
- Have experience in more complex piping systems such as lined and jacketed pipe and the impact of material supply and fabrication on piping design
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.