New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - SAP / ERP
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for defining data models as well as developing the data transformations required to populate the data model. You will work collaboratively with the immediate team and with other teams across different lines of business, to lead discussions focused on data engineering best practices.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering large-sized data engineering stories and tasks on time
- Helping define data engineering standards and processes that ensure data loaded into our systems is of the highest quality
- Developing and executing maintainable scripts that validate, clean, and dedupe data from back end enterprise systems
- Developing and enhancing automated data transformation tools and integrating them into continuous-integration frameworks
- Applying agile principles and methodologies to all work
- Working with fellow team members to create, interpret, data models and diagnose bugs/defects, document results and formulate solutions
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Have at least 6 years of professional data engineering or software engineering experience
- Have exceptional data modelling experience using RDMS technologies like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL
- Have strong experience creating automated scripts that transform enterprise data sets
- Have strong experience with ETL tools, DB performance tuning, and shell scripting
- Have basic experience with source control systems like GitHub or GitLab
- Have basic understanding of cloud providers like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.