Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Buyer will purchase commodities, goods, and services in a highly specialized procurement environment and work cross-functionally to ensure compliance with corporate as well as government policies are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The position will be responsible for ongoing subcontract management with a limited number of suppliers to evaluate project scope of work (SOW), milestones, change orders, time and labor budgets, etc.
- Prepares POs in an integrated software system for the purchase of goods and services, working with high dollar and subcontract purchase orders.
- Reviews and evaluates specifications and technical requirements, prepares Requests for Quotation (RFQ) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) and supplier invitations to bid in conjunction with requirements of Program/Project Management and contract provisions
- Interviews vendors and evaluates their products and capabilities as a supplier and Assist vendors with onboarding to the Approved Vendor List in a timely manner.
- Research product lines, prices, product sources, and other relevant purchasing information to make independent decisions on procurement matters and organize findings to present to project stakeholders.
- Serves as a liaison between suppliers and program/project management personnel.
- Organizes, updates, and retains product information files and purchase order records to be used in internal audit and/or government DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) audits. Must have experience in audit scenarios.
- Will need to make decisions regarding the distribution of sensitive data and the correct channels to handle those documents.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/related field or equivalent experience
- Six years' experience as a buyer and two years' experience managing subcontracts
- Knowledge of FAR
- Experience writing government compliant Sole Source Justification with attention to FAR/DFAR clauses
- Knowledge of principles and practices of centralized purchasing.
- Knowledge of common business practices relating to the purchase, pricing, terms, shipment, taxes, and payment for commodities and services.
- Large scale purchasing methods and procedures.
- US Citizenship required
- Knowledge of DFAR, ITAR, and TINA
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.